Leading-Edge OT with Doro & Lynette of NEUROHUB: Part II
EPISODE SUMMARY: In this episode of NOGGINS & NEURONS: Stroke and TBI Recovery Simplified, Pete and Deb talk with Doro & Lynette from The Neuro Hub, Orlando, Florida, about leading edge OT services they provide. In part 2 we:
- Learned about the Neuro Hub locations, staff and more
- Talked about the roles sleep, gut health and heart rate variability for recovery and health
- Discussed how nature, exercise and community are important for achieving optimal health
- Learned how Doro and Lynette educate on and incorporate mindfulness strategies to promote the mind-body connection and facilitate improvement in their clients
- Talked about non-OT books that inform OT practice
- Found out how the Neuro Hub uses brain computer interface technology in stroke and brain injury recovery.
You will hear fun facts and behind the scenes details and thoughts about these topics, including how the brain computer interface program incorporates evidence into practice on many levels. Doro & Lynette bring their dynamic personalities and passion for OT to this conversation. We’re certain that everyone who listens will find meaning and inspiration... Clinicians perhaps you’ll break out of tradition and create new opportunities in practice...Survivors and caregivers maybe you’ll seek high quality care for the recovery journey – it’s out there!
- Use of curcumin in diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of Alzheimer's disease
- Gut bacteria produces hundreds of neurochemicals that the brain uses to regulate basic physiological processes, learning, memory and mood.
- Oceans of Hope
- Andrew Huberman and the Huberman Lab
- Peter Attia
- Atomic Habits (book)
- The Power of Habit (book)
Headspace (meditation app)
- Heartmath (tech that provides biofeedback readings through an app)
- Saebo (a recovery tech company)
- Neofect (a recovery tech company)
- Ōura Ring (sleep and activity tracker finger ring used with an app)
- Chilipad (hydro-powered mattress pad for thermal regulating)
- The Neurohub
- The Neuro Hub on Instagram
- The Neuro Hub YouTube
- Email: email@example.com
- The UE Ranger
Questions and Comments about the podcast?
Donate to The Noggins And Neurons Podcast: Venmo @neurons
Pete’s blog, book, Stronger After Stroke, and talks.
- Debra's Website:
Music by scottholmesmusic.com