Jennica & Suzanne from Trio Rehab: PART I
OVERVIEW: Pete, Deb, Jennica and Suzanne get to know each other
EPISODE SUMMARY: In this episode of NOGGINS & NEURONS: Brain Injury Recovery Simplified, Pete and Deb talk with Jennica Colvin and Suzanne McCrum from Trio Rehabilitation in Texas. We learned about private clinic ownership and more. Topics we covered include:
- The evolution of Trio Rehab
- Reasons for starting a private practice and why people want to work in a private practice clinic
- 1:1 treatment model, meeting people where they are, eclectic interventions and recovery
- Seasoned therapists, learning and mentorship for practitioner growth
- How having children promotes practitioner development
- Trial and error and willingness to try for client success
- Learning, motor learning and practice to make progress
- Stroke, cognition, client & family interviews, assessments, fatigue and intervention
As always, we want to hear your top takeaways! Please email us at NogginsAndNeurons@gmail.com.
Questions and Comments about the podcast?
Donate to The Noggins And Neurons Podcast with Venmo or PayPal:
- Venmo @neurons
- Use the PayPal app (appears as Creative Concepts OT - add the note NEURONS under donation amount)
Pete’s blog, book, Stronger After Stroke, and talks.
- Music by scottholmesmusic.com